Ponies, Projects, and Paint!

 It’s taken almost a month, but I finally finished my two horses that I painted for Breyers National Fun Day workshop “how to paint a chestnut”. 


This little guy is Storm Chaser, a mustang stallion.



I’ve got to say that my favorite thing about him is his little half white muzzle. I was originally going to do just a star and small snip, but my paintbrush had other ideas lol. But I’m glad it did! I love him like that 😊

There are a lot of things that can be improved, but for my first micro, and my first chestnut , I’d say he came out pretty well. If anybody has tips for making his pinto spots look more realistic, I’d love to hear them!!!


And this is April Showers an American Quarter Horse mare. (I eventually want to paint her a foal named May flowers🥰)



Her cute little face 💕
I really enjoyed making the tail fade from dark to light, it looks really cool.
I tried to do the same on her mane… it isn’t as good but it’s doable.



While I am in a painting mood I am making some progress on my project horse


And I even started another stablemate to paint! He is going to be a flea-bitten grey.

In my next post I’ll introduce some new herd members :D

Comments

  1. Aww! They are both so cool but April Showers is adorable! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They all look really good! I especially like the seal bay horse 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m really enjoying painting them all😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practice Makes Perfect

NaMoPaiMo

This and That