NaMoPaiMo

 Well, I meant to get this posted a week ago, but better late than never! For those of you who don’t know, NaMoPaiMo stands for National Model Painting Month. It was founded by Jennifer Buxton in 2017. You have one month (February) to paint and complete a model horse. You can find more information on this  page of Jennifer Buxton’s blog. Anyway, long story short, I signed up for this year(my first year!) 

So introducing my NaMoPaiMo model…


I’ve started painting her twice and stripped her twice. This time I’m determined to get it right! I mean third times a charm right? If all goes according to plan, she will be a dappled grey with a stripe and possibly a few socks by February 29!

I also have a few side projects…

This little girl will be a chestnut like her mom, April Showers.


I also want to get this guy painted as some kind of bay… I’m not sure if I’ll be doing a red bay, dark bay, etc.   I sanded down his head a little bit to make him more Arabian-typey

And my last side project, most of my readers will remember! It’s hard to forget about this unusual  unique guy.

Now, almost two weeks in to NaMoPaiMo, I have made lots of progress on these guys! 

My NaMoPaiMo horse has gotten not one…

But two layers of pastels and dappeling. (I don’t think that’s even a word..๐Ÿ˜‚) 


This is my main reference picture for those of you curious:


This guy just needs a final layer of sealer and gloss on his eyes, mouth, etc.

I was hoping the eyes would be a bit better, but I think it will look better when I have gloss on it too.

The mouth was a lot harder than it looks ๐Ÿ˜…

Overall, I’m pretty happy with this guy, considering he’s my first seal bay.

My little Arabian stallion has a few layers of white on him.

And my little filly is almost complete! I just need to finish her eyes, hooves, and some white markings. I’m leaning towards one sock and a star.

Momma can’t wait for her baby to be done!


I plan to have another NaMoPaiMo post next week! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Are you participating this year?

      Delete
    2. I am! Working on a classic scale akhal teke / nez perce. :)

      Delete
    3. That’s so cool! I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

      Delete
    4. Thanks! Hoping to do an update post soon.

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all SO GOOD! I had to strip my NaMoPaiMo horse since he wasn't looking how I wanted him to. I'm gonna be doing a dark bay/faded black with acrylics and pastel ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, you should make a bridle for your seal bay๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
    2. Nice! I hope you get him how you want him :)
      And that’s so funny, I’ve been planning on doing a bridle for him ever since I first got him!!!

      Delete
    3. YES! You could even make it with a "real" bit! Sorry for commenting so many times- I sometimes think of something to add AFTER I already click the publish button.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practice Makes Perfect

This and That